Interrogative pronouns example sentences! The interrogative pronouns are used to ask questions. We do not interchange them. They can be used to ask indirect questions. Some interrogative pronouns create confusion when we use them to ask questions. This article will address a list of interrogative pronouns and interrogative pronouns example sentences.
Must Read: Pronoun: Definition and Types with Examples
List of Interrogative Pronouns
Interrogative Pronouns Who & Whom
The interrogative pronoun “who” is used as the subject of a sentence that asks a question. The answers to questions introduced by “who” contain I, he, she, we, or they. For example, “Who hid behind the wall?” the answer to this question is “She hid behind the wall.”
On the other hand, the interrogative pronoun “whom” is used as the object of a verb within the question. We introduce questions with this pronoun, which will likely be answered in me, him, her, us, or them. For example
- To whom did she teach the book?
- I gave the money to her.
Interrogative Pronouns Which & What
We use these interrogative pronouns when asking questions about things. The pronoun “which” is used when asking for a choice from a definite set of options. Which do you prefer – tea or coffee?
The pronoun “what” is used when asking for a choice from a range of unknown possibilities.
Interrogative Pronouns Example Sentences
- How can we believe the boy is telling the truth?
- Who broke the glass?
- Who is the artist?
- Who gave him those grapes?
- Who got the highest marks?
- Who is knocking at the door?
- Whose is this bike?
- Which of you has picked that cat?
- Which of the goat do your father like best?
- What is more vital than steel?
- Whom did you give the money yesterday?
- Whom did you recommend to the company?
- Whose are these shoes?
- Whose is this?
- Which do you prefer, water or energy drink?
- Which of them can you trust?
- What do you eat?
- Who spends all my money?
- Who is that man talking to?
- Who are those students?
- Whose are these shoes?
- What is your grandfather’s name?
- What does the older woman want?
- What does your son want to be when he grows up?
- Which of these suits is hers?
- Which of your brothers is the oldest among all of you?
- Whom did the speaker criticize in the meeting?
- He asked who was dancing.
- I do not guess who is the winner.
- Tell us what the boy has purchased.
- Say which you would like best.
- Demonstrative Pronoun 10 Sentences
- 20 Examples of Subject Pronouns in a Sentence
- 20 Examples of Indefinite Pronouns in Sentences
- 20 Examples of Reflexive Pronouns in Sentences